For those into the numbers side of the game, here are ten post-game notes from the Kings game in Phoenix tonight…
* Tyler Toffoli scored in his first ever NHL exhibition game, tying things up at 14:14 of the third period on a power play goal. He also finished as a plus-2.
* Dustin Penner scored with :49 seconds left to give the Kings the win.
* Willie Mitchell and Alec Martinez led all Kings players with 24+ minutes of ice-time.
* Mitchell was on the ice for four of the five goals scored in the game – both of the Coyotes even strength goals, Ethan Moreau’s even strength goal for LA and the Kings power play goal. Thus, he finished plus-1 for the night. Interestingly, Martinez was only on the ice for the game winner.
* Trevor Lewis assisted on all three Kings goals and was a plus-2.
* Rich Clune led all Kings players with four hits…and he did it just 7:57 of playing time.
* Lewis won 6 of 12 faceoffs (50%) and Anze Kopitar won 17 of 29 (59%).
* Koiptar led all Kings players with five shots, Martinez had four.
* Jonathan Bernier played the game’s first two periods in net. He gave up one goal on 18 shots. Jeff Zatkoff played the third period and gave up one goal on on goal on 9 shots.
* A little bit of homerism? The Coyotes broadcasting team selected the three stars of the game – Keith Yandle (#1), Shane Doan (#2) and Tyler Toffoli (#3).
Finally, if you haven’t done so already, be sure to check out this Mitchell related article from yesterday… Mitchell and Richards developing a bro-mance at camp.