Our word association segments have historically been one of the most popular features here on MayorsManor.
Given that our readership has more than quadrupled in size since some of the interviews below have taken place, we thought we’d re-publish for all of our new followers to read…and/or for our long-time supports to enjoy a second time.
In no particular order, here are links to seven of the most popular word association segments, featuring some of the most recognizable names to ever play for the Los Angeles Kings:
* Luc Robitaille – he talks Marcel Dionne, Steve Duchesne, Kelly Hrudey, Marty McSorley, Dustin Brown and more
* Rob Blake – perhaps the most controversial player in Kings’ franchise history, he reacts to a list of names including Tony Granato, Alex Zhitnik, Darryl Sydor, Jimmy Carson, Wayne Gretzky and more
* Ian Laperriere – perhaps the most candid of all interviewees on this site, especially when talking about Sean Avery
* Jonathan Bernier – LA’s high-end goaltending prospects breaks it all down while discussing many of the Kings top prospects currently in Manchester
* Andy Murray – the former Kings coach talks about players he coached and guys who were part of the opposition as well
* Kelly Hrudey – with a slight twist on things, he plays word association with the 15 teams from the NHL’s Western Conference
* Tony Granato – a key piece of the Kings 1993 run to the Stanley Cup Finals, he talks about former teammates, including guys on the Kings and Sharks