“We came out of the gates a little slow” – Anze Kopitar on the Kings getting just three shots on goal in the first period.
Post-game news and notes from LA’s 2-1 win…
* With their second win in Detroit this season the Kings finished the season series 3-1-0 vs. the Red Wings. There wasn’t any pattern to the four games – overtime, a shutout, a blowout and one goal game tonight.
* LA is now 8-1-3 in last 12 road games.
* The game marked Jarret Stoll’s 500th NHL game (214th with LA).
* Kopitar had three shots on goal, matching his total from the last three games combined. His goal in the second period was his 21st of the year and gave him seven points vs. Detroit this season (4 goals, 3 assists).
* PennerMania continues – Dustin Penner assisted on Kopitar’s goal and led LA with four shots in the game. He now has a small three game point streak as a King (1 goal, 2 assists).
* Dustin Brown took the team goal lead back with his 22nd goal of the season at 14:43 of the second period.
* After losing to Dallas on Saturday (in overtime) for the first time all season when ahead after two periods, LA shut things down in the third period tonight to get back on track – they’re now 20-0-1.
* Drew Doughty led all skaters in the game with 26:48 of ice time.
* Jonathan Quick gave up just one goal over the two games in Detroit this season, stopping 79 of 80 shots.
* Has anybody heard from Ryan Smyth lately? Ryan Smyth, please pick up the white courtesy phone. Smyth to the courtesy phone.
Interview with Marcel Dionne – talking Kings and Red Wings