Here are a few post-game notes following the Kings 4-3 win over the Colorado Avalanche earlier this afternoon…
* Weather fanatics get Storm Watch, Kings fans were on Richie Watch with Colorado in town. Of course he was going to the top line. What did you expect? Richardson finished the night with one assist, no goals.
* Jonathan Quick is now 6-0 lifetime vs the Avalanche. He needs just two more wins to become the first Kings goaltender to ever record back-to-back 30 win seasons.
* Is the best defense a good offense? An LA defenseman has now scored in seven straight games. That’s a far cry from early in the season when the D wasn’t contributing goals at all. Alec Martinez had a nice bounce back game after sitting out the last two (with a goal from the point) and Drew Doughty scored his sixth goal in the last 11 games.
[More notes and video highlights after the jump]
* The Kings power play is not clicking right now though. It went 2 for 9 today and didn’t look good.
* Ryan Smyth picked up the 400th assist of his career.
The win moved the team to 11-1-3 in their last 15 games. Their next game is Monday night at Staples Center vs. the Detroit Red Wings.